POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cadbikes : Re: Cadbikes Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cadbikes
From: Duckman
Date: 21 Dec 2002 15:55:53
Message: <3e04d559@news.povray.org>
Hi Steve, the rubber for the tires is : texture { pigment { color red 0.200
green 0.200 blue 0.200 }}
Couldn't be simpler ;-)
I attached an image I did last night, it is one of the sample files that
comes with Povray 3.5 (isocacti) with one of my CAD-bikes stuck in.
Well, trike in this case. Would you believe that I had never even bothered
to look at the samples untill now.....
Mark "Duckman"  van der Kwaak
(http://www.dbbp.com)

"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:3e03ce59@news.povray.org...

> "Duckman" <duc### [at] wxsnl> wrote in message
>

>         Hi DM, very nice, I love HD's. As Txemi has mentioned, you've
> put a *lot* of hours into this (and other stuff on your site - love
> the sketches! ;)
>    Why don't you have a play with heightfields? I can just see one of
> your HD's parked-up on a long hot road with a couple of good mountains
> to pass through in the distance? Stick a sun up there somewhere for
> some ace shadow effects and bingo. Sorry, can't help with the
> aluminium texture, but I'm sure you'll soon sort that out.
>
>    Oh, and that rubber for your tyres? Excellent.
>
>    Looking forward to the next.
>
>     ATB and have a good one.
>
>     ~Steve~
>

> > Mark "Duckman" van der Kwaak